Monday, September 14, 2009

Quick Update. UCS Oversubscription? Not a big deal ....if considered?

Hello All,

I am compiling content for UCS and vSphere. Some interesting things that I am trying to reconcile in my own understanding. In all my reading and looking at the system it seems that there might be a possible oversubscription issue right at the chassis. I know that we all love oversubscription from a datacenter perspective since most links rarely stick at 100% usage for long periods of time. But shouldn't that be designed in from the core level? But UCS has a 2:1 over sub rate before it leaves the chassis. So as Technologists we need to keep that in mind. Since the usual ratio is 4:1 or 6:1 then it's possible to get that rate and hit the golden ratio as long as you consider that UCS hits 2:1 as soon as you plug it in.

Not a bad deal.

See you guys soon.

No comments: