Monday, June 21, 2010

Community Virtualization Lab and stuff.

I know that this idea is in beta for some folks right now. But I would like to see this happen since I know not everyone can afford a nice hardware set for a LAB.

Below is a snippet from my Linkedin discussion post.


Would any of you fellow VCP'ers be interested in a community Lab that is managed by certified VCPs that is provided at no cost?

This lab would be partially funded by clients obtaining VMware, Storage, and general IT advice at no charge to them. The "payment" would be a contribution to the vLAB. It could be storage/servers/network etc. Please let me know your thoughts. I am in the process of setting up the website for it.

www.vthoughtinc.com <- If you are UBAR with HTML and/or Flash let me know if you can help with the page since I am junk at it :).

At this time the gear I am planning for installation into the lab is below:

Newer Stuff:
2TB iSCSI RAID array on the vSphere 4 HCL. (Qnap 839-pro)
Whitebox Dual opteron dual-core with Ultra 320 SCSI local storage.
3Com 5500G - EI 48 port gigabit switch
ASA 5505

Older stuff:  :[ older single core XEON's MEH...
Dell Poweredge 2850 - Dual proc 6GB Ram and
IBM x442 - 32GB ... Quad Xeon Box

Want to donate or assist in the project? Let me know here by commenting.

I will get a page and an email set for the community vLab stuff soon.

2 comments:

linuxmohan said...

I am VCP4 certified with 7 years implementation experience in VMware,Storage and Linux Solutions.
I am interested to work on this lab.

prasoon'ssymphony said...

Iam interested in the same, please let me know what kind of assist you are looking at...i will be glad to help you ...